Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Mistletoe in Manhattan by Talli Roland




Blurb:

As Little Missington's first Christmas baby in fifty years and the daughter of 'Christmas When You Like It' party-planners, Holly West has been surrounded by the holiday spirit since birth. Trouble is, she's not exactly filled with festive cheer. In fact, Holly can't wait to ditch the tinsel and Santa suits for champagne and celebs, and become a party-planner to the stars.

When British film star Dean Layton hires her parents' company to throw his holiday bash in Manhattan, Holly jumps at the chance to help, confident she can handle a little Christmas in exchange for access to Dean's exclusive world.

But New York and Dean's over-the-top demands are more than Holly bargained for. Can Holly deck the halls and make it a party to be proud of, or will this Christmas be one she'll never forget . . . even if she wants to?


My Review:

How many Christmas stories can I read between now and December 25th? I'm definitely already in the Christmas spirit - my husband and I bought our first-ever tree, ornaments and a star for the top. I have a cute reindeer mug that I save for right after Thanksgiving each year, and I'm getting ready to hang up the stocking. Hello, Christmas!



I didn't realize Mistletoe in Manhattan was a novella when I first bought it. Honestly, I don't think I would've purchased it had I known - just not a big novella fan. But now that I read it, I'm SO glad that I did.

This story was just so cute. Christmas is by far my favorite holiday, and reading about Holly planning Christmas parties full of pies, elves, carolers, Santa, ice skating and mistletoe just doesn't get any better than that. Especially as a novella, which you can read in one sitting and then finish even more excited about the upcoming holiday.

I guess my only complaint is that it wasn't long enough! I would've loved for Mistletoe in Manhattan to be a full novel so I can get to know the characters more and spend more time with them and the Christmas spirit. I did just notice on Goodreads that Roland has some other Christmas novellas out that I will definitely be picking up soon.

My Rating:









No comments:

Post a Comment