Monday, November 20, 2017

The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena



Blurb:

"You never know what's happening on the other side of the wall.

Your neighbor told you that she didn't want your six-month-old daughter at the dinner party. Nothing personal, she just couldn't stand her crying.

Your husband said it would be fine. After all, you only live next door. You'll have the baby monitor and you'll take it in turns to go back every half hour.

Your daughter was sleeping when you checked on her last. But now, as you race up the stairs in your deathly quiet house, your worst fears are realized. She's gone.

You've never had to call the police before. But now they're in your home, and who knows what they'll find there.

What would you be capable of, when pushed past your limit?"



My Review:

Holy shiiiiiiit. Yes, those are the first two words I’m using in my first ever review on my blog. But you know what - this book deserves it.

Call me clueless, call me gullible, call me whatever you want to call me but I ate this book up. I didn’t see any of the twists and turns coming. I had no idea what happened to Cora. Seriously, I gasped out loud, screamed WTF and read with my mouth wide open in shock pretty much the entire story.


I told my husband the premise when I was about 10 pages in - a couple goes to a dinner party and leaves their baby home alone. Which shouldn’t be too bad, considering they share a wall with the neighbors. Then they come home and the baby is gone. AFter I finished, I tried to recap the whole book to him but it was hard - SO. MUCH. HAPPENED. How do I explain how I feel? How do I explain how Lapena made me love the characters but also want to yell at their stupidity at the same time?

Ugh. So good and highly recommended. I have already told a bunch of friends about it and am going to pass it around for them to read. So good, y’all. It read so fast too - I would look at my phone after reading for what felt like an hour and half my day was gone because I was sucked in and forgot I should be doing something productive with my day. Who am I kidding - reading is productive to me and if you’re reading this then it probably is to you too and you’re the best kind of people.


My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment